Thursday, July 19, 2007

Kathryn had her 6-month check up today.

She is now 16lbs, 10 oz and 26 inches long!

She had 2 shots, but only cried briefly for the second one. The rest of the time she was her happy, smiling, jumping & laughing self!

As for milestones she reached by 6 months:
- she can now sit independently
- she eats cereal twice a day
- she is almost sleeping through the night

I love this age. She is so interactive!

But the best part is watching her 'play' with her older brother. He makes up games for everything - he's a very creative boy - and he's made up a game that he calls 'peek' that they play while she is in the jolly jumper. He'll get around behind her, and wait for her to 'chase' him and turn to where he is, then he'll laugh histerically, say "peek" and run around to her back again. She'll laugh and then work her hardest to get the jumper turned around to him again. It is the cutest, most heart-warming thing to watch. We have tried to get it on video, but as soon as the camera comes out, Patrick tries to run towards it, and thus the game is over.

Kathryn loves her big brother. She wants to be with him all the time. She isn't happy unless she can see him from where she is. She won't eat her cereal unless he's eating a snack, and if she's close enough, she'll try to 'steal' his sippy cup. When I get them up in the morning, I lay them side by side on P's bed so I can get him dressed, and she'll reach over to grab his arm or his hair and then gasp and smile happily as he turns to smile at her.

Patrick thinks Kathryn is pretty cool too. He gives her toys and says "Hi Kat-run" (or sometimes "Kat-rik"). He'll hand me something and say "Kat-run" meaning he wants me to give it to her. He gave me his favourite backyardigans book the other day and 'asked' me to read it to Kathryn - then he went back to playing with his laptop.

I've heard it said that the best gift you can give your child is a sibling and I must now agree. They love eachother - and its wonderful.

No comments: