Sunday, August 05, 2007

Kathryn had her first big-girl ride in the shopping cart today. We left her bucket seat in the car and she sat beside her brother - thank goodness for double-seat carts!

It made us realize how big she's getting and how fast she's growing up. She did a great job of staying upright - and we used a blanket for support too.

We're also working with her on using a sippy cup. She seems to like it and she's always grabbing for Patricks. I gave her apple-water today and a bit of that got in - much less than got on her clothes and the table but that's another story. Its a skill. It takes time.

Speaking of car seats, I bought Patrick a new one so we can use his current one (in the rear-facing position) for Kathryn. I am quite excited to be putting the 'bucket seat' away - I'm tired of tripping over it and Kathryn is getting too heavy to lug around with it anyway. I won't miss it!! I bought it when I was in Orangeville - it was on sale - and my parents are bringing it up to us when they arrive later today as I had no room for it on my return trip! Its amazing how much baby-related-periphenalia is required when we travel with the kiddos.

No comments: