Friday, May 09, 2008

Swimming lessons.

We enrolled both kids in swimming lessons. They go on different nights and are in different levels. I take them swimming and Shaun spends quailty time with the other kid at home.

Patrick gets really excited when its his pool night!! He talks about it all day, and practically runs towards the pool when we get out of the van. This past week, he graduated from having me in the water with him to being in a class of 5 with 2 instructors. I was very nervous, but he did really well! He listened, and did as he was told!!! I am so proud of him. He puts his ears, chin, nose, forehead in the water when asked, blows bubbles, can do an assisted front and back float and will kick his feet when reminded. He has a bit of an issue putting his entire head in the water, but he'll happily go under after going down the slide.

Kathryn is in the very first class offered for infants, so I am in the water with her the entire time. Due to lack of interest in an evening infant class, we are now the only ones enrolled in this timeslot. So we're essentially getting a private lesson!! Its wonderful!!

Kathryn is a born fish. She LOVES the pool. I love the way she says "swimming pool" - very cute. She will put her ears, cheeks, and nose in the water when asked, and she tries to blow bubbles but ends up drinking the water more than not. She doesn't mind being dunked entirely underwater and she's excellent with front and back floats. This past lesson she started kicking her feet when asked and will kick on her back or front, although she prefers to be on her tummy and travelling towards a 'goal' while she's kicking.

I am so glad my kids are loving the water. They actually get sad when its not their night to go! I am sure they will really enjoy our pool this year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's exciting to hear that the kids are enjoying swimming Deb! It should be lots of fun having them in the pool at home this year!
Lisa