Now that the pool is (finally!) crystal clear and clean, we've been in the pool almost every night after supper.
Your may remember that last year, Patrick wasn't too interested in being in the water, but mostly content to be on the pool deck and throw toys in. We are happy to report that this year he is completely different! Patrick actually wants not only to BE in the water, but he wants to SWIM in the water and now that he wears water wings and a ring, he's able to move about the pool as he pleases - he's even learned how to change direction just by changing how he kicks his feet. I've uploaded a video (its at the bottom of the post and I can't move it up for some reason) of Patrick swimming with Grampy.
Kathryn loves the pool too, but she's more where Patrick was last year. She loves to get her swim suit on and go outside to the pool, but she's more content to be on the steps playing with water toys than in the pool with us, or in her 'floatie' pictured behind her. She does love the pool though and we hope that next year she'll be where Patrick is now.
Shaun's parents got the kids each a hooded towel for post-pool use and they really like them! Here they are on their way upstairs to get jammies on.
2 comments:
looks like LOTS of fun! I miss having a pool in the backyard...
Deb,
I love your bathing suit!
I miss the olden days where we spent many a hot day in your parents pool Deb! Right now I just miss the fact that I can't swim! I'm dying to get fully submerged soon!
Post a Comment