Everyday, it got easier for P to say goodbye to me and now we have a little ritual so that helps things along too.
Kathryn was just as sad every day, but on Friday she did reach up for her teacher instead of me - sad, but I'm glad she's bonding with her teacher.
I've been calling regularly through the day, and both kids are doing well. K is napping well after lunch on her cot, and P is resting although on Friday he did nap! Both kids seem to be making progress accepting and enjoying 'school'.
Work is going well for me too - I'm really enjoying it. I think of the kids a lot, and sometimes I am sad, but I know that eventually they have to go to school... and now is working fine. Plus, this was basically my last opportunity to get back to my job before governement regulations changed. If I had waited longer, I would have lost my certification, and because I was trained on the job, I would not have been able to be employed any longer in my field - crazy but true! They are changing the legislation so that only those who have gone to college for Pharmacy technician can become certified and work in a pharmacy. This is going to begin in 2010. All currently employed technicians, who have enough hours each year, will be 'safe' and can continue to work. Next step of the process is becoming a Registered pharmacy tech and as soon as they roll out the courses online (they've already begun running courses at various community colleges) I'll be moving forward for that! Its kind of exciting.
Yesterday was the store's first day of business. It was a ZOO! We had predicted that Pharmacy wouldn't be very busy but we were wrong! We were quite busy. I only worked 8:45-3 but I didn't stop moving the whole time, except when Shaun and the kids came to visit and we went fo lunch at the McDonalds in the store.
Shaun had his dad take this picture, and he brought me one to hang in the pharmacy. The kids also drew me pictures and I put them up too!
5 comments:
Ahhh, that is such a great photo! Good Job Shaun for thinking of that!
Great pic!
What ritual do you have with P?
-Anna
Pfft!! Dad did NOT take the picture!! I set up the Tri-pod and took it myself with the timer! Well... that one and about 10 others. hehe
Shaun - sorry, I thought you said your dad took it. Oops.
Anna - I wave to him as I'm driving out. Its aquward to wave, but, he likes it.
I love the picture!
~Lesley
Post a Comment