Friday, February 26, 2010

My dates for maternity leave are all sorted out! I'm so excited. My last day of work in the pharmacy is April 8. After that, 2 weeks of PAID holidays and then I start my 52 weeks maternity/parental leave with the first 6 weeks 'topped up' by work to my usual wage! NICE!!

The kids will stay in daycare as usual for the first week I'm off, after that I'm pulling Patrick right out and keeping Kathryn in the same 2 days a week that Patrick is in JK, until the end of June. Its good for her to have that time away from me, and its good for me to have that time to prepare for William and get some rest... I remember the end being very hard!

We've had a lot of illnesses in this house this winter. I can't wait for spring. K has had 3 ear infections, we've had that nasty puking flu, and lots of colds. I've currently got a left-sided sinus infection and I'm still battling a tummy bug that I picked up over a week ago. With all these illnesses, I feel like I'm barely at work at all! I can't wait to be done so there will be less guilt about not being able to be everywhere at once.

William is 24 weeks and about 15 inches head-to-bum. He weighs around 1.5 lbs but he's getting very active. Its nice - I like being beat up from the inside.

Both Kathryn and Patrick talk to him while hugging and kissing my belly - adorable! I hope they still think he's great when he gets here.

We got our new vacuum on Wednesday and we just love it! The amount of hair and dust it pulled out of the living room carpet was both amazing and disgusting. It was the same in the basement too.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I feel the same way about the steam cleaner! I'm grossed out by the colour of the water and completely amazed by it at the same time!
William is getting so big hehe! Soon enough he is going to be here. I find that amazing!

Anonymous said...

it is nice having set dates that you can focus on! I love having a plan...
hope everyone gets their strength back and happy nesting!!

~amy