Friday, January 14, 2011

Sadly, I just noticed I have not updated since Shaun's birthday and also that I haven't taken ANY pictures since then either.

Life has been a bit crazy around here. William was working on tooth #2 (its thru now!) but went on a nursing strike as a result. It was awful! He went from nursing 3-4x a night to refusing to nurse at all. The night it happened (of course it was at night! who needs sleep?) Shaun and I were up most of the night. W would act like he wanted to nurse but as soon as I got him in position he'd scream and roll away from me. I ended up pumping once in the middle of the night and once in the morning. He was fine taking it from a bottle which only added to my feelings of personal rejection. We did some blurry-eyed early morning research on the internet, decided it was a nursing strike and I went back to bed to rest. Hoenstly? I thought it was the end of nursing. I can, and have pumped, but my pump isn't as effective as William is. I knew I'd never retain my supply on pumping alone. I was upset because I wasn't ready to be done nursing.

Turns out, W wasn't either. When I got up later that morning (8ish) he nursed without issue and continued to nurse fine during the day. But he permanantly gave up those night-time nursings! It ended up being a very nice thing... especially after my body adjusted. Now he's typically only up once and just needs to be settled. Sometimes he has an early morning nursing session (4-5am) and goes back to sleep. However, his new up-for-the-day time is between 5 and 6 which isn't so nice. Hopefully it will lengthen over time.

Life in our house continues to progress. Patrick and Kathryn are both well. Kathryn has taken a real interest in letters and now recognizes most of them. She can also recognize, spell and write her first name as well as most numbers.

Patrick has become quite the artist, a tallent he definetly gets from his Daddy. I am amazed by what he can draw. I should take pictures of his work and post them.

The other exciting news is that we bought a truck! Shaun's Aveo was a lease which we thought was up in March 2012, when infact it is done March 2011!! Shaun had already begun to research vehicles so he knew what he wanted. We took a trip to Paisley this past weekend and finalized everything. We pick it up on Wednesday afternoon. Shaun is VERY excited. I'm excited but I'm not going to be driving it much. However, Kathryn is super excited!!! She can't wait to ride in it.

2 comments:

Funny Girl Charleney said...

You'll have to post a pic of the truck too! Hope the weather is o.k. for the pick up!

Deb said...

Thanks Char. We're picking it up Friday now (tomorrow) because Wednesday's weather was CRAPOLA! I will take and post pictures. SHould try to remember to take the camera with me. I want to capture K's face when she first gets in the truck - she gets to ride home in it from the dealership. She's sooooo excited!!!!!