We actually put up the decorations on Monday! It was lots of fun to decorate. I even put up streamers! We used the pictures of Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, etc that the kids had been colouring for a few weeks as extra thematic decorations. I think it turned out nicely.
This is my first adventure in fondant icing. My lovely sister-in-law was kind enough to both supply the icing AND colour it for me. She also loaned me the small star-shaped cutter for the stars you'll see on the cake. My friend Cherie loaned me the larger star-shape for the cupcakes.
Because it was my first adventure in fondant icing I kept my design very simple. Working with fondant really is like working with play-doh though and a lot easier than I anticipated! I am happy with how things turned out and may even be more adventerous next time!
These were the cupcakes for his small party on his birthday that we had with our little family plus both sets of grandparents.
Side view of the cake
2 comments:
Wow Deb! Everything looks just amazing! What a wonderful mother you are and you're so creative. You put me to shame!
Thanks Char! I enjoy being creative and Patrick's party was a real outlet for me in that way.
Post a Comment