Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Kathryn's first day of JK


Today was finally the day!  Kathryn finally got to start JK.  Its been a long week for her - having to go twice daily with me to school but not being able to stay.  Today, all that changed!

Last night there were some last minute jitters.  She was nervous about going - about being away from us all day.
But this morning she was fine, excited, ready to take that big step!

I will admit packing 2 completely different lunches this morning was awful.... but I know I will find a groove.
P's lunch: Mac&cheese, yogert, crackers, granola bar, fruit bites and honeycomb.  K's lunch: Mac&Cheese, cheese stick, veggie sticks, lunch meat, granola bar, fruit bites.  Both had apple juice to drink.

Barely awake
 After breakfast (waffles and yogert!) everyone got dressed.  K wanted to look extra special today but the weather was calling for it to be chilly.  This is what she finally decided on:

 We arrived a bit earlier than normal, so we were able to get swings!  That made for a happy start.

 William took off for his usual rock-pile and his usual activity....
 ...trying to get away from me!


Kathryn met up with her best bud and some other little friends before the bell rang, and then she eagerly lined up to go into her class!
As she disappeared thru the doors, walking confidently, not looking back, backpack on her back, coat in her hand, I will admit I felt a twinge of sadness.   I hope she had a fantastic first day.  3:10 won't come soon enough today.

No comments: