2012 has been a bad year for germs in our household. Willy started the year with a middle ear infection, followed by an external ear infection. He's also had a tummy bug and a cold. I've had a cold as well.
But this past weekend knocked us all out. All five of us had the barfy-flu. It was awful. It was awful watching the kids feel awful with it and it was awful feeling awful with it while cleaning up puky messes the kids had made.
There was a lot of random napping. Both the big kids shared the couch at one point (usually they bicker over foot space now that they're getting longer). Everyone just wanted to be together, but not really. Willy started and therefore recovered first, followed by Kathryn. Shaun and I had a very quick and violent overtaking from it. Poor Patrick was last.
The kids stayed home on Monday and Tuesday I kept Patrick home because overnight they'd developed coughs! Willy's cough was the worst, a gross phlegm-y cough that caused him to throw up.
We are finally on the mend. Shaun went back to work on Tuesday. Its Wednesday and Patrick and Kathryn are well enough to go to school. Willy had another horrible night partly due to his cough and partly due to the fact that I have discontinued bottle service in the night. He has figured out how to get the lids off and make a huge mess so it was definitively time... even though he was not ready or prepared.
I'm not sure why we've been bombarded with germs, but 2012 has no where go to but up.
2 comments:
Yikes, this crazy weather I think is part of the problem! I've got two barky boys...I sure hope the germs are gone from your home for good now :)
I think the germs are finally gone from our house...hope they are gone from yours!
Post a Comment