A poopy kinda day.
My day started off well. I got up at 5:45 for a shower - a nice long hot one. Very nice. Patrick was awake when I got out, so we snuggled a bit, and he got changed and we came downstairs. Kathryn slept in till 7:15 and woke up very happy! Everyone had breakfast. Then the adventures in poop started. First Patrick, then Kathryn and then Patrick again. By 9 a.m. I'd changed 5 diapers - 2 overnight ones and 3 poopy ones. Fun times.
We went to get groceries and while I was loading them into the van I noticed that the front drivers tire was flattish. Since I needed gas anyway, I figured I'd check all the tires. I parked by the compressed air and got out and immediately was pelleted with what I thought was rain. I was annoyed that I was going to get wet, and then I was pleased because it seemed to be just brief. While I was kneeling down to put air in the last tire I noticed there was 'stuff' on my pants. I had no idea where it had come from. Then I noticed it was on my coat.
Then reality hit like a ton of bricks. It wasn't rain. Oh. My. GOD. IT WASN'T RAIN! It was BIRD CRAP! And I had it on my coat and pants and... oh gross oh gross oh gross ... IN MY HAIR!!! Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
But I was already here. The kids were dressed and loaded and ... surprisingly enough... happy! I decided to clean up as best I could with the wet-ones I keep in the van and keep going. I wiped the drips off my coat and pants as best I could, and using a hand-held mirror that was attached to the brush I just happen to keep in the van, I cleaned the stuff off my hair. oh gross oh gross oh gross!
I put gas in the van, wondering the whole time if I had bird stuff on my butt. I keep it towards the van. I checked my back out using the reflection in the tinted back window. I didn't see anything.
I pulled into a parking spot and grabbed a cart to load the kids into. On my way inside, I was hoping I'd see someone I knew so they could check my backside for me. No luck. Inside, I noticed the girl at courtasy was NOT busy!! I took a chance, told her my situation and asked her nicely if she would check to see if there was bird crap on my back. She said there was not. I decided to believe her.
We grabbed the groceries, headed home, and I unloaded while the kids played peek-a-boo together in the van. I brought them in, got all their warm stuff off and put them at the table for a snack so I could run upstairs and change my pants. I went to wash my hands and the soap dispenser decided to spit soap all over my shirt. Great. So now my pants have bird crap and my shirt has dish soap. Nice.
After throwing them a snack, I ran upstairs, changed, gathered the laundry and ran back downstairs. Everyone was fine. I tossed a load in the washer (including my coat!) and ran back upstaris. I rushed to get all the groceries away and the pork chops separated into 2's for the freezer. And then Patrick pooped again. Its a freekin' poop conspiracy. and I can't wait for Shaun to come home so I can have a shower. Ewwwww.
No comments:
Post a Comment