Friday, March 18, 2011

Good Bye Purees!

So long jars of puree, William has decided he must have 'real food'.

This has come a lot sooner than I expected or wanted.  I really like those little jars of goodness - they're the right size and they're pure food without additives.  Plus they gave him a good variety and travelled easily.  They were expensive though.  But so easy!!!!

No longer will William accept purre 'baby food' from a spoon.  He has decided he'd much rather have 'real' food, complete with texture and more varied tastes.  Because he has so few teeth, everything has to be super soft and mashable with his gums. 

There are lots of things he will eat already!  We do have to be careful of the whole 'milk' issue.  I did give him a bit of Kraft mac & cheese last week and we paid for it as it upset his tummy :(

Here is the list of foods he does like:
waffle slices
flavoured apple sauce - especially if Mommy is sharing from the same spoon.
steamed apple chunks
cherrios
gerber 'puffs'
corn bran
pasta - as long as it has some sort of flavour.  Plain pasta is a no-go.  He likes garlic and olive oil as well as a wee bit of tomato sauce.
chicken
ham
sweet potato
peas
corn
spaghetti squash - this is a favourite!
carrots
broccoli
french fries
mashed potatoes
crackers (not too picky about which kind!)

He really hasn't turned down anything he's offered.  The kid likes food!  Which is very apparent when you look at his rolly-polly body, double chin and sweet chubby cheeks.

Seems I'll be making a donation to the bin at the grocery store!  I'm sure the good folks at the food bank will be able to find the rest of the purre's a good home.

No comments: