Sunday, May 08, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

First off, I'd like to wish my amazing Mom, Ellen, and my fantastic mother-in-law, Dorothy, a HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!  I am very lucky to have 2 awesome moms in my life!!!

Yesterday as part of my gift, Shaun got up with the kids.  This was planned in advance but I think William overheard because he was up before 6.  This doesn't happen much anymore.  Poor Shaun - much too early for a Sunday but he didn't complain. 

When I did get up (it was 8 o'clock!) I was given these lovely gifts from the kids:

From Kathryn - a hand-made card and very sweet framed-art.

From Patrick:  Card with poem (and an awesome picture on the front!) and a stepping stone for the garden

From William:  Crinkle cutter (he does love crinkle carrots!) and a cook's corer - for hulling strawberries, etc.

From Shaun:  Just Dance 2 - its so much fun!!!  Difficult though... a challenge :)
William decided to have a long nap in the morning, so Shaun took P&K to the grocery store to get a few things we needed. 

In the afternoon, Shaun was exhausted and had a nap while I played in the backyard with the kids.  It was such a gorgeous day!  I picked up a blanket second-hand for the lawn for William and we played on the swings and trampoline. 

Shaun made french toast for dinner (yum!) and William had a much-needed spash in the tub.  He sure does love the water!  Can't wait to see how he likes the pool.

Hope everyone had an enjoyable mothers' day and felt loved and appreciated for your every-day efforts.

No comments: