Thursday, May 19, 2011

Roseola strikes again!

Poor little W... had had been miserable for almost a week with a fever that just wouln't stay away.  There didn't seem to be any real cause... he was eating and drinking and filling diapers as usual.  We thought perhaps since he was getting multiple teeth, this was how his body was dealing with the pain.

At one point I thought about Roseola... but I was certain we'd been down that road aready, including the resulting rash.

I guess it was something else before, because this was definetly Roseola.

I discovered the rash on his trunk and back while giving him a bath:



Its hard to see, but the pin-point red rash covered him from neck to waist on both sides. 

He was in good spirits though... which is typical of Roseola.  They're only miserable until the rash appears and then they're ok.
Playing Peek with Daddy

The rash lasted less than 24 hours and now he seems back to 'normal' except he's actually sleeping well.  Maybe that part will last!

3 comments:

JLP Cakes said...

aww poor little guy. Glad he's past the worst of it :)

Funny Girl Charleney said...

Look at how sweet he is! I'm glad he's on the mend and I too hope the good sleep will continue for you and Shaun!

Rika said...

the peeking picture is so sweet. xo