Thursday, December 01, 2011

Deb's Journey, December Update

About mid-November I was frustrated by the scale.  It became stuck and then rose during 1 week despite my strict adherance to my eating plan and exercise plan.... and it wasn't even a "hormone week".  I was feeling overwhelmed and quite frankly just run down.  So I decided to take a few days off... which ended up turning into a lot more than a few... to the point where I actually did NOT want to get on the scale because I thought I would have re-gained quite a bit.

I was still eating well, but there was junk... and there was no tracking of calories/foods which always means overeating.  And I was not getting up to exercise.... I was definetly feeling in a downward spiral.

I got my drive back but was still feeling run down.  I set my alarm to get up and get at it but I always hit snooze... several times... because I was just exhausted!  During the day I was run down and sleepy.... and I ended up with headaches a lot.  I think I had a virus and I really did need to give myself a break.

This morning, on a whim actually, I was feeling pretty chipper and decided I could handle whatever the number on the scale was without getting to angry with myself and to my utter shock and surprise I have lost more weight.  Despite the pizza and bits of chocolate.  Wow. 

I know I've lost some tone around my belly - I feel fluffy - and I know I need to get back to my program and tone up.  But I'm super-duper pleased.  I have now lost exactly 20 lbs - which was my Christmas goal. I would like to lose a couple more before Christmas so I have some wiggle room with Christmas treats. 

if nothing else, seeing that number on the scale has given me motivation to get back to tracking my calories and eating well.  It was exactly what I needed.

And I have also learned that I can give myself a break.  Its not an "all or nothing" thing - this is supposed to be life-changing and needs to be something I can continue for a long time. 

I think I'll aim to get up 4-5 days a week and let myself have the other 2-3 to 'sleep in'. I think this will help me not to get back to the place where I feel run down again.  Sleep is important too!

I also need to remember its not an all-or-nothing thing.  Despite not getting up to exercise I can still track my foods and eat correctly.  I tend to see a day where I hit snooze as a write-off and then I fall right off the wagon.

So, my goal for the rest of December is to eat properly and exercise 4-5x a week.  See you in Jan!

1 comment:

Funny Girl Charleney said...

Way to go Deb! That's awesome. and you're right it's o.k. to have a break! Keep up the good work!