Sunday, January 08, 2012

Kathryn's 5th Birthday Party!

On Sunday we had Kathryn's 5th Birthday Party in the party room at the grocery store.  

The store provides a lot of the food (including the cake!) as well as activities.  Kathryn choose to make pizza and do a craft.  

We arrived a bit early to set up our things.  I had baked brownies and heart-shaped cookies.  We brought gold coins, silver kisses, balloons and the goodie bags. 

Craft table ready to go

Setting up the goodie bags, balloons and the pinata which was a piggy bank this year.
 We rolled out dough for mini pizzas, and put toppings on them:

Saucy girl
 Then everyone had a snack of fruit, veggies and the treats I had brought.
 After the nibbles, we ate the pizzas and did a craft and some colouring pages.
Then it was cake time!  Kathryn choose this Little Mermaid Cake and I think it turned out nicely:
 We all sang and Kathryn blew out her candles:
Instead of gifts, the invitation had asked everyone to bring a toonie for Kathryn and a donation to the food bank.  Everyone was very generous and we collected a large amount of food for the salvation army.  As well Kathryn now has almost $50 including the contents of her piggy bank to purchase something special.  She is very eager to go shopping!  I'm sure that will turn out to be a lesson on value and budgeting.  

No comments: