Friday, May 25, 2012

The GREAT outdoors

We've had a lot of fun planting the garden and various flower pots around the house.  This year we splurged and purchased 3 hanging baskets for along the pool fence - something I've wanted to do for years.  We decided to get nice looking ones (instead of the basic plastic) and re-use them every year.  This year they are planted with gorgeous red flowers and trailing vines and we're very pleased with how the dress up the yard.



This year I again choose merigolds for my planters.  They are hearty and pretty and tend to last most of the summer.  I had some extras so I planted them in with my chives and I am happy with the results.

This year we've also planted red pepper plants!  its an experiment, I hope it works out.

And for the first year, I've finally put plants in the large planter on the old pool steps.  The grass in the back will grow to about 2 feet and is supposed to be an annual.

Not so pleased with my diving board planter, but it will do.

This is the best flower of all though.  This particular tree has never bloomed before!

And a happy little Willy at the park!

1 comment:

Rika said...

looks great!!