Friday, April 09, 2010






Huzzah!
I am now on vacation/maternity leave. No more standing on my feet all day! My legs/feet will be ever-so-greatful and might actually start to feel better.

Now, I realize I am only 30 weeks (31 on Monday!) but this pregnancy has been especially trying for some reason. I had lots of women at work tell me it was because #3 just seems to be hard. Rationally, I knew that working full-time, having 2 kids at home and being pregnant was a strain too. It will be interesting to see if anything improves now that I can be more laid-back.

I can't wait to get started on my spring cleaning. First stop is the kitchen. I'm planning to clean out and wipe down all my cabinets and I'm hoping to find a lot of things I don't want anymore.

The kids are keeping their usual routine next week so I will have almost 8 hours a day to get started. After that, K will only go to daycare on the days that P goes to school. So by the time I drop him off, drop her off and get home, I will have just about 5 hours before I have to leave to pick them up. I know I can accomplish a lot in 5 hours, but I'm also going to try to relax just a little bit.

My co-workers gave me a lovely plant yesterday. I am terrified that the cats will eat it because they have managed to destry every house plant we've had (including 2 rounds of lucky bamboo) so my mother-in-law said I could keep it at their house and she would care for it for us. At least then I'll have visiting rights instead of having to plan its funeral.

They also gave William a really cute jeans/t-shirt/sweater outfit that will fit him this fall and a nursery-rhyme interactive book which K is just dying to get her hands on.

I'll miss my co-workers and even some of my patients. But I'm so happy to be done with working outside the home. Still not sure if I'm going back at all... but I do have an entire year to decide which direction I want to go.

No comments: