I haven't really updated since I stopped working, so I thought I should.
I finally saw the OB last week. What a disaster of a place that is. The organization is not very good where patients are involved, but behind the scenes seems to be quite organized. Definetly room for improvement. I got my c-section date scheduled for June 11 and I have another ultrasound booked for next Tuesday which I am quite looking forward to.
I am getting to the uncomfortable/whiney stage now. I know I have 6 weeks to go, but its getting increasingly difficult to get a good nights sleep and climbing both flights of stairs back-to-back leaves me quite winded. I spent my first 2 weeks off (my 'vacation') doing a lot of cleaning which may have worn me out, but I am happy it is done as my motivation is decreasing with each passing day. I only have a bit more spring cleaning to accomplish and then I can settle into a routine for the regular housework.
This past weekend I was able to take the kids and spend some time in Orangeville. We got to meet my sister's new dog, a rat terrier, and I got to spend the day shopping with my sister in NewMarket and picked up quite the stack of clothing for the kiddos as well as new PJs for Shaun. That evening, we celebrated my Niece's 12th birthday with DQ and bowling which was lots of fun.
Over the course of the weekend, we visited lots of parks, did a bit more shopping and I also got to see my friend Cathy for the first time in over a year. All in all, I had a great time with my family (and took zero pictures as usual).
Today is my first day home with just the kids. We're actually going to mommy group for the first time since December 2008. Wow! I am looking forward to it.
Shaun has taken tomorrow off and we're going to attack some other spring cleaning jobs together while the kids are at school. Kathryn actually did very well with the transition and isn't giving me much grief (knock on wood!) about going to little school after we drop Patrick off at big school. Probably helps that it is a shorter day for her and I pick her up while they are still outside in the afternoon.
Also, while I was away this past weekend, Shaun's parents were able to pick us up a desk from the Sally-Anne for Patrick. We had been talking about getting him a small desk for his room because he's really into doing desk-work and we wanted him to have a spot to keep it all together. This desk (pictures to follow) is older, but in great shape! It has 3 drawers down the one side and a long one above where the chair goes. It is currently green (and quite chipped) but I will prime it and then paint it white. I also have my chair from my desk - a wooden one that my parents gave me for 15+ Christmas ago - that I will paint white for him.
We've also decided to get a twin bed for the nursery and use it as a change table. It will also serve as a refuge for me from Shaun's snoring and for nights when I'm restless and don't want to wake/bother him, as well as extra sleeping space when we have company. Patrick will actually get the new bed because we'll get a white one (they have it at WM) and then all his furnature will be white. His current bed will go in the nursery - it is wood-coloured and will go nicely with the crib and dresser.
This Thursday is Patrick's 5th birthday! The time has gone so quickly. I have invited the regular tuesday crowd over to celebrate in the morning with playtime and cake, and we're taking P to Pizza Delight for supper to celebrate. He also has 1 more gift from us (he got the rest during his party Easter weekend).
Speaking of the nursery, it is currently serving as the guest room and won't transition to William's room until early July. My parents have once again offered to stay with us for the first 3 or so weeks to help with the kids and they deserve their own room during this time. My friend has offered to loan us her basinette so little W will be in our room, and Shaun will probably crash in the basement on the pull-out couch with the kitties. William's dresser is already in our room, and I've washed the first 3ish months of clothing. All his clothing is sorted into 3-month increments ready to be laundered when the time comes.
My mother has been hard at work making Williams bedding and I can't wait to use it! My dad did another rug-hooking and that will be hanging in the nursery/spare room shortly. I've purchased the letters for WILLIAM and am deciding on paint colour but they will likely be done this week. The car seat/stroller are purchased (the one from Patrick is long expired) and Shaun put them together last month, and my sister-in-law has already returned the swing and other pieces of baby Paraphernalia (I had too look up that spelling!) so we really are set to go. I will start a count-down next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment