Sunday, August 03, 2008

Its Potty Time!

I have been saying for a couple weeks now that once the bathroom is complete, I am going to attempt to potty train both kids at the same time. I am planning to make a routine of it - we all go pee on the potty when we get up, before nap, after nap, etc, etc but I was planning to start slow with one routine trip to the potty (when we get up) and add them slowly.

This morning, Kathryn's diaper was BONE DRY. This has never happened before! So I asked her if she would like to pee on the potty. Kathryn has actually peed on the potty before at my parents place, and has a real fascination with it right now. She's asked to go lots of times, but has only had that 1 success.

So off to the bathroom we went. I supported her while she sat on the big potty. She tried, but only tooted a few times. I asked her if she'd like to try her own potty and she agreed so I stood her on the tile and raced down to the living room to get the little potty. By the time I got back up, she'd already peed on the floor, but I put her on the little potty anyway. I didn't think anything was happening.... I asked her if she was done and she said no and then a few seconds later she stood up... and the potty was peed in!! And quite a lot too.

After I figured out how to take apart the potty to get the 'pot' out, we dumped it in the bit toilet and she flushed it away (and then I cleaned the floor!).

I'm so proud of my little girl! And its so nice to have her interested in using the potty!! We always joked she'd be trained first - and we just may have been right!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's great! Josh and I trained at the same time. He's 14 months older than me.

Anna