Thursday, September 02, 2010

And the results are in!

Last night I went, with William, to the Naturopath for a follow-up session to get the results of the blood test.

Overwhelmed? Yep. Just a bit.

She gave me lots of information and suggestions and I'm still processing and remembering it all. But in a nut shell, my body is reacting negatively to the following foods:

- All Dairy except Goat Milk
- Oysters
- Bananas
- Cranberry
- Egg White
- Coffee
- Sugar Cane
- Yeast (Baker's and Brewer's)
- Almonds
- Wheat
- Gluten
- Kidney and Lima Beans
- Rye
- Spelt
- Sesame Seed
- Whole Wheat
- Asparagus

Wow. Thats a lot of stuff. But on the bright side, I get corn back! Yippie!!!

I've decided my first step is going to be to remove as much sugar from my diet as possible, on top of the wheat and dairy. Refined sugar is in a LOT of things, so this will be a challenge in itself. I'm also giving up my cola (*sniff*) and replacing it with either black or green tea which may be nice with cooler weather coming up.

3 comments:

Kris said...

that is such a weird combination of foods you got going there...i hope it helps and that it helps william:) I suppose the next step is to write down the food you can actually eat..lol...

Anonymous said...

I was going to suggest red tea.. we have it at the coffee shop.. it is great .. no caffeine and never gets bitter the way black or green teas can.. john has a few flavoured ones too to make the transition to no sugar a little easier.. what about honey can you use that??Roobios tea is what you are looking for.. Steph

Anna Q said...

You could check out recipes for people with Celiac disease as they also react to wheat, gluten, etc. so the recipes wouldn't contain any of that.