Saturday, October 01, 2011

My Journey, October

First of all, I'm well aware I missed September! But I did preservere to work towards my goals. I did eat more fruits and veggies. I did drink more water and almost completely cut out pop.

For September, I continued to eat more fruits and veggies, drink 2L of water, and not drink pop. I think I did very well, and I also see lots of room to improve.

Near the end of September, I also cut out coffee and switched back to plain tea. I was finding it a rather bitter change, as I drink it black, so I have been adding a small amount of honey which helps a lot.

Also in September I started walking. I have walked to pick up Patrick/Kathryn almost every day since school started and I am very happy about that. I hope to continue that.

I've also learned something about myself. I do like fruits and veggies but I don't gravitate towards them when I'm hungry. I think this is because I like room temperature or warm foods, and also because I'm lazy and its easier to grab a box of crackers than to cut up some veggies/an apple. But I am preservering.

I still have 8 months to work towards my goal. I'd like to include more exercise but I'm not sure when or how to make that happen. I prefer to exercise in the morning because I find night-time work-outs keep me from sleeping well. I was hoping that W would be sleeping later in the morning by now, but he's still up between 5:30-6.

1 comment:

Funny Girl Charleney said...

Good work Deb. I'm sure soon you'll find a perfect time to get the work outs in. Keep walking!
Thanks for posting, it shares your motivation with me :)