Saturday, June 21, 2008

Shaun hooked the stroller up to the bike for me, and I took the kids on a big adventure!!

I decided to bike, on the rail trail, to hi-berry farms. I didn't know what I was going to get, but I'm the type of person who needs a destination! So we went. I was actually surprised how easy it was to pull the trailer with the kiddos in it.

After we picked up some romaine lettuce, I decided I would bike over to southampton to a park for the kids. The ride over was really easy! I was quite proud of my endurance, despite not having been on a bike since the fall of 2004.

We played briefly at the park, got a snack at Tim Hortons and then made the treck home.

Coming back was a lot more difficult! I didn't realize how strong the wind really was - and on the way back it was a headwind. I was definetly feeling the burn in my quads, hamstrings and toosh, and there were a couple of times I wanted to give up but I knew I didn't have a choice so I pressed on. It took me 30 minutes of constant peddling to get back to the house and I thought for sure the next day I would be a quivering pile of goo! Fortunately - and surprisingly - I wasn't! The only part of me that hurt the next day was my toosh. I guess I really don't have enough padding there (insert hillarious laughter here).

Shaun took this picture of me peddling away when we left. Its a nice view of the neighbour's driveway and front yard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That trailer looks very comfy!

~*Anna*~