Friday, July 29, 2011

Creativity!

Wanted to share this super simple craft idea with you.  As you know, I am not particularly 'crafty' or a crafts person.  I actually shudder when the kids want to paint or cut & glue.  I would much rather do a puzzle or play a game! 


However, I do like to create!  We recently borrowed back the laugh & learn house and unfortunately the letters that go in the mailbox are 'safely put away'.  Kathryn was a bit sad about this so I promised her we would make some.  I did wonder how I would keep them from getting ruined by Mr. W who isn't exactly gentle with paper products.  I asked around about a laminator and was told by Boo that Wm was selling them for $27! 


After checking them out and the price of the laminating sleeves... and thinking about where I would put another appliance... and if I would really use it enough to justify it... I decided I woud just find some wide tape and use that instead.  THEN I spotted self-laminating sleves!  They come in about 5 different sizes, no machine required.  There was a photo size that was perfect to fit inside the mail box.  The package of 5 cost me 2.88.

Kathryn and I had some fun yesterday afternoon creating post cards.  I made one for each kiddo and she made one each for P&W.  Here they are:

Front side:

Back: 


1 comment:

Little P's Mommy said...

What a great idea!! Good job!!