I know this blog is dedicated to our sweet children, however, I need a place to blog about the journey I'm embarking upon and didn't see the need to start a new blog.
I know I'm overweight. I know I'm not exactly healthy. But, I'm actually rather OK with it right now. Yes, I'd like to feel more energetic, and look better (especially in my bathing suit!). This past year was very stressful for me with the birth and long recovery with William, with diet changes for breastfeeding because of his allergies and restrictions and with life stress which I will not get into but most of you are aware of.
After I came off the restrictions I kind of went bananas (without bananas!) with food. I re-gained all the weight I lost while on a restricted diet. I didn't really care and ate without thinking.
That has left me where I am now. Although I'm not depressed with the way I look I'd like to look and feel better and have more energy.
I have decided to embark on a journey for the next (almost) year. My goal is to be at my happy weight by William's 2nd birthday and I plan to make changes slowly, month by month, on the way.
I will only blog once a month, on the first day... kind of an accountability of the previous month and goals for the next month.
For August, my goal is to eat 7 servings of fruit/veggies every day and to start drinking more water leading up to 2L daily. I've thought about my goals for September... but I'll wait to see how August goes.
Edited to add: I've decided to stop drinking pop as well, unless we're out somewhere to eat. That should really help with the water consumption!
3 comments:
Good Luck on your journey Deb!
I feel like you Deb, although I would like to be and look a little lighter, I'm not terribly upset at where I am right now, I'm happy. But I think once September rolls around, I'll get back on the healthy wagon with you :)
Cutting out pop makes such a difference!!
Post a Comment