Monday, June 28, 2010

Update



Had a well-baby check up and an incision check for me. William is now 9 lbs 12 oz and 22.5 inches long! He also has nasty diaper rash that we can't seem to get rid of... used the butt paste for over a week now and its not helping, plus we are bathing his bottom every 2nd day (goal was every day... just not working yet) and I use vaseline at night between changes and I am changing him at every feed! So, we're going to try the canestan/Hydrocortisone mix and hope that helps!



As for me, my incision looks good but I am still quite bruised. She says it is improving, however, its going to take some time. I have some 'weird' pain this time probably caused by internal bruising... this is the longest it has taken me to heal from a c-section!



Next check up isn't until July 12th.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Hey Deb
Any chance the diaper rash is due to the diapers? Sometimes changing brands helps.

Deb said...

The rash is actually quite confined. If it were the diaper I would expect it to be worse and more spread out.

Funny Girl Charleney said...

Healing takes time. There was a little more work done too, and being the 3rd time around, I'm sure you're feeling more of it. But I'm glad everything is going well. Poor William's bum :( Hope it heals fast, maybe fanning it for 5 mins after a change might help? Warning, pee hose might occur!