Children conspire to give mom a good and bad night.
Last night was the best W night since he was born. He went to bed happily at 9:30 and was up at 2 to nurse, settling easy even thru a diaper change, and then slept on till 5:30. Yay!
At precisely 9:30 last night, Patrick came out of his room to announce he had pulled out his loose tooth! Hurrah! We were so happy for him. However, he didn't know where he had put it. He insisted it was in the bed. After careful examination of the sheets, behind the bed, on the headboard, it was apparent it wasn't there. Shaun found it on the beige carpet. Ever try to find a baby tooth in a sea of beige? Daddy is a hero!
Around 1ish, Kathryn woke me up by calling from her bed. She said she'd had a nightmare and needed to sleep with me. I knew this would be a disasterous arrangement for me to get decent sleep so I tried to console her and convince her to stay in her room. No dice. So Ms. K ended up on Shaun's side of the bed since Shaun is still sleeping on the living room floor (on another note, his CPAP RX is in so he should be back in our bedroom this week!).
It started off ok, we were separated but still touching - which is what she wanted. But as the night progressed she schooched closer and closer until I was sure I was sleeping both ontop of and under her. She woke me about every half hour by smacking me or kicking me. It was brutal. I finally gave up and left for her bed which is darn comfortable! Currently she is sleeping, star-fish position, in the middle of my bed.
William nursed and changed at 5:30, and then played in his crib watching his mobile until 6:10. at that point I figured he was up for a while so we came down to recant the nights events to a sleepy Daddy. William insisted on nursing again and then passed out so he's currently sleeping in the swing. I suppose I should grab this moment and go back up to Kathryn's bed for another hour or so.
What a night!
No comments:
Post a Comment