This Wednesday night, I finally get the results from the blood test that I had done thru the Naturopath.
Before I get the results, I wanted to write a quick blog to reflect on the past weeks on this restrictive diet. I've mentioned it before, but I've cut out all dairy, all wheat and gluten, whole eggs, corn, strawberries, tomatoes, broccoli, chocolate and I'm also avoiding corn and soy products as well as spices.
It hasn't been easy. At first I felt really restricted. But the longer you're at it, the more products and foods you find that are 'safe'. And you get into a rhythm and although its kinda bland and boring its food... and you eat to live, not visa versa.
William's tummy is so much better now, and that alone is worth sticking it out for. As an added bonus I've also lost weight. All 30 of my pregnancy pounds are gone as well as an additional 4 from previous. As a long term goal, I'm going to get back to my wedding weight at which point I'm going to have my eyes corrected with laser surgery so I won't have to wear glasses. I only have 26 lbs to go. But I'm not in a hurry and I'm not actively dieting as it could wreck my milk supply. Just trying to make better choices and drink lots of water... which is surprisingly easy considering I'm not drinking much else.
I'm getting a bit excited at the possibility of adding things (slowly) back into my diet. Its crazy the things that make your mouth water when you can't have them. Recently, when I was visiting my parents, my Dad made toast for breakfast and that had me just salivating. I see people with Tim Hortons bagels and want them, even though they weren't something I wanted before. Cheese is a biggie - I really miss cheese. And muffins. And cereal beyond rice krispies. And milk on my rice krispies for that matter. Rice milk is OK, but its not the same. I could go on but I won't torture myself.
Wednesday will be here before I know it. I think above anything else I'm just curious to know. Will post an update after my visit when I can.
No comments:
Post a Comment