Blogging changes everything.
Because as soon as you assume something is routine and you actually put it in writing, it changes without warning.
Yep.
William changed in response to my post.
Last night was hellish. Just hellish. After a day of being his normal 'blob' self, he changed his nighttime routine.
He didn't 'wake up' till 10ish and then he was up till 2:30 battling 'gas' - the magical nighttime gas that only ever appears at bedtime - or so we thought anyway.
He was up again at 3:15, 5 and 7 to nurse and stayed up after 7. He was somewhat happy then, but fussed off and on from 8-10 with Shaun while I crashed upstairs before he needed to be fed again. We thought this might cause him to have a nap as he was definetly entering 'over-tired' territory, but alas, he stayed awake, napping only in 10-minute spurts until I gave up trying to put him down and let him nap on me while i sat semi-upright in the nursing chair in the living room and had a little snooze myself.
Now he is napping in his reclining chair. What does this mean for tonight? I'm not sure. All I know is that this sleep-deprived fog I'm living in is getting closer and closer to turning me into a blubbering, emotional mess.
I'm still keeping my eyes on the 3-month goal... but its so far away! William is (only!) 6 weeks old today
No comments:
Post a Comment