Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Recovery is coming along nicely!

Hurrah. I finally feel like I am recovered. I am still taking it easy and trying not to over-do it but I can do a lot more without any pain!! And the pain I was experiencing sitting down/standing up / rolling over in bed is less and less frequent and less painful too. All good signs. I also haven't had to take any major pain pills since I wrote that last post and I've only used the tylenol/ibuprofen sparingly. I feel more like myself.

William is slowly turning around ( we think ). His night-time sleeping seems to be slowly improving, although we had one brutal night 2 nights ago where he was just so upset and could not be consoled. Last night he gave us 6 straight hours of sleep from midnight - 6. My body was screaming for him to get up though... the downfall of breastfeeding! I will adjust as long as this becomes consistent. I always have tons of milk in the morning anyway, so its just crazy when he actually sleeps. I remember this from Kathryn.

He is up more during the day now, and he is settling into a daytime routine of wake/eat/awake/sleep. Often there is an extra 'eat' before the sleep part but that doesn't bother me. We're both trying to keep him awake when he is awake... waking a sleeping infant has proved futile.

William's bum rash is now fianally improving. A combination of not using wipes and using wet cloths instead, along with 50/50 cortisone/canestan cream AND cornstarch seems to be doing the trick. We also attempt to change him as soon as he's dirty. This is not always an option, but we are preservering!

Patrick and Kathryn have adjusted well to having a younger, very needy sibling. There is little complaining and they're good about having to wait when we're tied up with William's needs. Hopefully they will continue to be patient.

Kathryn is now interested in learning her numbers and letters and recently has been drawing people! I have a picture of one she did on the magna doodle on the camera that I will post soon. She can draw a K and she recognizes other letters. She can count quite high, and now recognizes written numbers 1-4. I am glad she is starting to be intrested in academic things.

Patrick is becoming more social and vocal every day... sometimes much to our dismay as the talk-back is quite trying. But we are glad he is expressing himself and ensuring his needs and thoughts are heard and met as much as possible.

Both kids are really enjoying the pool this year and are quite the pair of water babies! Patrick can now touch in the shallow end and loves to walk around. Kathryn will swim independntly in the ring or happily with another adult.

No comments: